[Board] Locus Charter

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Aug 12 03:23:27 PDT 2022

Dear OSGeo Board

I have added a slide on GeoEthics to the OSGeo AGM 2022 slides. Thanks to Vicky for inviting me to add GeoEthics slide. Please feel free to add/edit as needed.

In October 2020 , I organised a Think Tank on Data Ethics to bring together over 20 organisations (including representatives from OSGeo) to explore ideas for building support for the Locus Charter [1] - an international charter on the ethical use of location data.

Following this Data Ethics ThinkTank, it was agreed by all participants to keep continuing the GeoEthics discussions through the mailing list at OGC.

I thank Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) for making Geoethics list as an open, public archive http://lists.ogc.org/pipermail/geoethics/

I would like to request OSGeo Board to sign Letter of Engagement with Locus Charter . I am attaching the letter for your kind consideration. I am ccing Nicole Oveisi from AGS who will be able to provide any information needed. Thank you.

Best wishes

Suchith

[1] https://ethicalgeo.org/locus-charter/

attachment.