[Board] Long term preservation / reference of annual OSGeo AGM presentations

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Sun Jan 9 14:06:17 PST 2022

Hi Peter
I was in charge of putting the AGM complete video.
I can certainly do a video per project/committee or whatever is needed.
Please let me know, what exactly is needed so I cn start working on it
Regards

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 2:57 AM Peter Löwe via Board <board at lists.osgeo.org>
wrote:

> Dear board,
>
> as some of you already know, I'm currently serving as the chapter editor
> for the FOSS chapter of the Springer Handbook of Geoinformation.
>
> While checking references for the rise of OSGeo over the years I noticed
> that that the archiving/referencing of the annual OSGeo AGM reports could
> be improved.
>
> Until now, the only viable ways to reference content from AGM slides is
> through URLs pointing into the OSGeo wiki (e.g.
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meeting_2020) or by a DOI
> pointing to a AGM recording which is preserved in the AV-Portal of TIB
> (e.g: Domínguez, María Arias de Reyna: OSGeo Annual General Meeting, FOSS4G
> Bucharest 2019. https://doi.org/10.5446/43541)
>
> It is possbile to reference snippets from the video recordings, but this
> is cumbersome way to reference facts shown on presentation slides.
>
> BTW: The DOI links vor the annual AGM video recordings are missing in the
> OSGeo AGM Wiki pages.
>
> The actual AGM presentations are stored in GoogleDocs (e.g.
> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1C6llSnWZ28c2aWQgttPiOnoo6dttdqKg07ugU_yr6Uc/edit#slide=id.p4)
> which is not a viable way for long term preservation.
>
> To improve this, I suggest to upload all previous (and future) AGM
> presentations into to open access repository Zenodo (www.zenodo.org) so
> the presentations are long term preserved and can be referenced by a DOI.
>
> Best,
> Peter
>

> <peter.loewe at gmx.de>

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)