[Board] Don't Join the Telegram Channel for OSGeo chat (use Matrix/IRC instead)

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Fri Sep 2 11:56:49 PDT 2022

On Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 01:07:43PM +0200, Rajat Shinde via Discuss wrote:

> I take the pleasure to
> invite you all to the official Telegram channel of the Open Source
> Geospatial Foundation - OSGeo (if you haven't already).
> discussion!
>
> Link to the Telegram channel: t.me/OSGeoorg
> Link to the Matrix Telegram bridge - https://matrix.to/#/#general:osgeo.org

A correction: the matrix room is not a "Telegram Bridge" but
a first-class Matrix room. We just *added* a bridge to the
Telegram channel as we did with to other "places".

The official chat for OSGeo can then be accessed via:

  Libre technology:

    - #general:osgeo.org on Matrix
      https://matrix.to/#/#general:osgeo.org

    - #osgeo on IRC (libera.chat network)
      https://web.libera.chat/#postgis

  Proprietary technology:

    - Won't tell

    - Please don't use

We tried to bridge in as many "osgeo-populated" places as possible
but keep in mind that proprietary-based technologies may become
impossible to bridge any time, based on the sole decision of owners
of those technologies, so please DO NOT RELY on them and join via
an open protocol:

    - Matrix
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matrix_(protocol)

    - Internet Relay Chat