[Board] Mailing lists interface

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Sep 7 15:27:12 PDT 2022

On Wed, Sep 07, 2022 at 05:26:35PM -0400, Regina Obe via Board wrote:
> I am inclined to start with upgrading Mailman to Mailman 3, as I
> think that might solve most of our pain points if the forum part of it
> is “Good enough” for most people.

+1

> Which from reading it sounds like it might be.  Yah I’m personally
> not excited to lose old history, so using Discourse as the only solution
> if we can’t migrate, is a big no for me too.

Last time Mailman links to archived emails broke. I'd pay attention to
this aspect as there are so many links to mails in archives from
tickets on multiple platforms, websites, blogs, microblogs etc....

When I checked Mailman3 (2 years ago?) this URL rewriting was a
reported problem, I don't konw if it got improved/fixed lately.
As a last resort, we could keep the old archives intact (maybe with
an added header mentioning where to find the new ones) and put
the new archives in a new URL.

--strk;