[Board] ECCN Geoserver

Adam Steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 05:59:46 PST 2023

Hi Skye

Thanks for reaching out.

Because it is completely open source and standards-based, Geoserver is
usually not considered subject to export administration regulations. The
source code is also published openly in public - BAE is welcome to inspect
all of it for whatever security needs they need. See:
https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/releases/tag/2.22.0

I've also reached out to the Australian open geospatial community, it may
be that someone has experience building open source geospatial software
into products for export and can help BAE out in a more formal /
contractual way.

Kind regards,

Adam Steer
--