[Board] ZOO-Project incubation graduation

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 06:43:10 PDT 2023

Wow - I am super happy to share that ZOO-Project has completed (1) the
requirements of the incubation process and we would ask the board to
recognize the team as a new osgeo project (with Gérald Fenoy volunteering
to serve as ZOO-Project officer)

Tom Kralidis motions: Hi all: as mentor of the ZOO-Project I recommend that
> the project graduates as an official OSGeo project.
>

> Key documents:

- Project Graduation Checklist:
> https://github.com/ZOO-Project/ZOO-Project/wiki/ProjectGraduationChecklist

- Project Provenance Review:
> https://github.com/ZOO-Project/ZOO-Project/wiki/ProvenanceReview

With motion carried:

- Bob (CI-StPaul) Basques
   - Arnulf Christl +1
   - Jo Cook +1
   - Jody Garnett (chair) +1
   - Dimitris Kotzinos +1
   - Tom Kralidis +1
   - Michael Smith +1
   - Steve Lime
   - Daniel Morissette +1
   - Frank Warmerdam
   - Angelos Tzotsos +0

ZOO-Project applied for incubation on Nov 11, 2011 and has had several
mentors over this time period.

Aside: In writing this recommendation I could not find a "Quickstart" for
the ZOO-project and have raised a ticket for the team here
https://github.com/ZOO-Project/ZOO-Project/issues/52. I trust I either
missed the page or that the team can address this promptly.
--
Jody Garnett