[Board] Official Expression of interest for Formation of Local Chapter in Nepal

Kshitij Raj Sharma skshitizraj at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 19:42:27 PST 2023

Dear OSGeo Board,

I hope this message finds you well. We are thrilled to express our interest
in establishing a Local Chapter of OSGeo in Nepal. Our community has been
actively engaged in promoting open-source geospatial technologies for the
past three months, and we believe that the formation of a local chapter
will further strengthen our efforts.

To provide you with more information, we have created a dedicated wiki page
(https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Nepal), which outlines our goals, activities,
and the enthusiastic individuals who have registered their interest in
joining the local chapter. You can find a list of registered members on our
Google Sheets document (
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BPi7ZNDHCvV2feDgn_Knpr1DpDpQV3134MYmTA-iOIc/edit?usp=sharing
).

We have also prepared a rolling document (
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19Ge4eur21vhWZ_JGhyn3RO4XsfoCr6jRvKEzcKUVMIc/edit?usp=sharing)
that outlines our ongoing activities and plans for the future. We are
actively engaging with the community through our Facebook group, and we are
eager to expand our reach and impact.

In moving forward, we kindly request the OSGeo Board's guidance on the
necessary steps to formalize our Local Chapter in Nepal. Your expertise and
support will be invaluable in ensuring a smooth and successful
establishment.

Thank you for considering our expression of interest, and we look forward
to the opportunity to contribute to the OSGeo community in Nepal.

Regards,
Kshitij