[Board] Invitation to attend ‘From Beta to Better’ an 1 hour online OSS4gEO insight sprint

Vasile Craciunescu vasile at geo-spatial.org
Mon Oct 16 01:52:55 PDT 2023

Dear OSGeo board,

It is with great pleasure I am announcing we are planning an online one-hour presentation of the
Geospatial Software Resources Platform for Geospatial Data Exploitation (OSS4gEO:
https://project.oss4geo.org/). We are now in the beta release phase and the main scope of this
discussion is to gather as much valuable feedback and ideas for improvement as possible. We are
still a few months away from completing the project, thus with time and resources to improve what we
have so far developed.

Gentle reminder: OSS4gEO is a 1 year activity funded by ESA through the permanently open call Future
EO-1: EO Science for Society and carried out by Terrasigna. It is part of a wider ESA initiative to
actively support and contribute to the open source community and it is intended as a seed action to
better understand, represent and harvest the geospatial open source ecosystem.

The agenda we propose is:
- ESA Introduction (5 mins): ESA welcome & Pathways to Open Innovation in EO.
- Terrasigna Team Interactive Presentation (20 mins): OSS4Geo Demo
- Open Discussion (25 mins): questions, comments and suggestions from everyone.
- Next Steps (10 mins)

The meeting details are: