[Board] FOSS4G SotM Oceania TGP Request

Alex Leith alexgleith at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 20:09:04 PDT 2024

Dear OSGeo Board members

Once again, OSGeo Oceania is running a conference in our region and this
time it's in my home town of Hobart, in Tasmania!

As we have done each year we've held an in-person conference, we are
planning a travel grant program to encourage representation from across
Oceania and to ensure we continue to build connections in our diverse
community.

The OO Board has approved $20,000 AUD to go towards the travel grant
program, and will hopefully increase this number pending registrations and
sponsorship.

We would like to request that the OSGeo Board contribute $5,000 AUD towards
the program, which will form part of this initial $20 k.

I'd like to thank the Board for their past support for our TGP and look
forward to hearing your response. Please let me know if you have any
questions.

Kind regards,

Alex

--