[Board] FOSS4G-Asia 2024 TGP Request

Dr. Sarawut Ninsawat sarawutn at ait.asia
Mon Jul 15 09:17:07 PDT 2024

Dear OSGeo Board Members,

This year, the OSGeo Thai local chapter is organizing the FOSS4G-Asia
2024 conference (https://foss4g.asia/2024/). We are excited to bring
this event back to Thailand, having first hosted it in 2014. It is also
a significant milestone as it marks 20 years since the term FOSS4G was
first coined in early 2004 by a research group working on the
internationalization of GRASS and MapServer.

In line with our commitment to fostering diversity and inclusiveness
within the FOSS4G community, we are planning a Travel Grant Program
(TGP) to encourage representation from across Asia. This program aims to
build and strengthen connections within our diverse community by
supporting participants who might otherwise be unable to attend.

We kindly request that the OSGeo Board contribute $3,500 USD towards
this Travel Grant Program. Your support will be instrumental in ensuring
the success of the event and in continuing to grow our community.

Thank you for considering our request. We look forward to your positive
response. Please let me know if you have any questions or need further
information.

Best regards

Sarawut

Representative Thai OSGeo Chapter

--
Dr. Sarawut NINSAWAT
Associate Professor

P.O. Box 4, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120, Thailand
Telephone: (66 2) 524 6406
Fax: (66 2) 524 5597

58 Moo 9, Km. 42, Paholyothin Highway
Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120, Thailand