[Bootcamp08] Open Source Bootcamp wrap-up

Andrew Ross grof at rogers.com
Thu Jun 5 11:36:33 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

This is a quick follow up email to thank you for your attendance and support
of osbootcamp6.

Please see below for links to the slides and video of the sessions.

Thank you to sponsors and supporters:

Without generous contributions from the sponsors and supporters, the event
would not have happened. They are:

Ingres <http://www.ingres.com>

DM Solutions <http://www.dmsolutions.ca/>
Autodesk <http://www.autodesk.ca/>
PCI Geomatics <http://www.pcigeomatics.com/>

Carleton Univeristy <http://www.carleton.ca>  & Talent First
<http://www.talentfirstnetwork.org/> Network

VideoTelephony <http://www.videotelephony.com/>
Blindside  <http://www.blindsidenetworks.com/> Networks

Slides & video:

The slides from the speakers, and the video of the sessions is available
from the following URL:
http://www.osbootcamp.org/wiki/index.php?title=Slides6

Participating in a write-up about osbootcamp6:

Directions Magazine is interested in a write-up of osbootcamp6. If you are
interested in participating by providing a paragraph or more of your
perspective on the event, please contact me in private. We'd appreciate your
help. Thank you.

Keeping in touch:

To find out about future osbootcamp events, and generally keep in touch,
please consider joining the osbootcamp mailing list and visiting the
osbootcamp IRC channel.

#osbootcamp IRC  <http://www.osbootcamp.org/index.php?page=contact> channel
osbootcamp
<http://lists.osbootcamp.com/listinfo.cgi/osbootcamp-osbootcamp.com> mailing
list

Events will be posted on the osbootcamp web site.

Feedback:

We would greatly appreciate your feedback on osbootcamp and osbootcamp6 in
particular. We're interested in both positive and constructive feedback.

Your feedback is also important to the sponsors and stakeholders in
osbootcamp.

Please visit our feedback form on the web site under "contact".  We'll be
providing an anonymous feedback form as well shortly as well.

Cloud computing task force:

If you are interested in continuing the discussion about cloud computing and
the potential to join the organizations collaborating on a grant proposal,
please contact me in private and I'll connect you and let you know about the
wiki & mailing list.

Related to this, I thought I'd share this information. Estimate of location
based services industry moving from <$1B to >$13B by 2013.
http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=207001914

Thank you everyone,

Andrew