[OSGeo-Boston] OSGeo Boston May meet-up

Spanring, Christian CSpanring at mapc.org
Thu Apr 22 15:21:35 EDT 2010

Hi,

A couple of people I've talked to recently would like to organize a meet-up of open source mapping software/data users/developers. The idea is to share experiences, show and discuss projects and learn from each other.

I guess the first thing is to assess how many people are interested and what dates are possible for everyone who wants to come. I went ahead and created a doodle for two weeks in May:

http://doodle.com/u9yg8kvby5etv9mt

If you're interested, please go there and mark the days that are possible for you. I thought a good time is after work, 6-8pm for instance.

Meeting space:

Ideally it's a space with free Wifi, a projector to show things and a quiet environment for group discussions.

I've found following venues so far:

* Microsoft NERD is contacted, but I haven't heard back from them yet
* MAPC (Downtown Boston) conference room (fits about 30 people)
* Sprout Studio Space (http://thesprouts.org/) in Davis Sq

If you happen to know another venue (MIT, Harvard?) that would be available, have suggestions, comments, etc. about a meet-up please post it to the list.

Looking forward to meeting many of you!

Christian

(GIS Analyst at MAPC, using OpenLayers, GeoExt, Raphael, QGIS, OpenStreetMap and soon GeoServer)

Please be advised that the Massachusetts Secretary of State considers e-mail to be a public record, and therefore subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law, M.G.L. c. 66 ? 10.