[OSGeo-Boston] Hubway Data Visualization Challenge

Christian Spanring cspanring at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 06:52:08 PDT 2012

Hi all,

This might be slightly off-topic, although it's an opportunity to put a wide range of Open Source tools to work:

We are are running a Hubway Data Visualization Challenge in October, deadline is Halloween midnight. If you're interested, you can play around with all Hubway bike trips ever made in the Boston area (over half million trips until the end of September).

Find out more at http://hubwaydatachallenge.org/

The data is available for download as CSV and Shapefiles, as well as a simple Data API.

Please let me if you have any questions or have suggestion how to structure the data differently to make it better work with the tool of your choice.

There will also be a Hack Day at the Bocoup Loft on Saturday October 27th 2012 http://hubwaydatachallenge.eventbrite.com , to meet others, compare notes or build a team.

Hope to see you many of you there!

Christian