[California] USGS Demo (was CGS and Where 2)

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Apr 21 02:56:13 EDT 2009

Brian Hamlin wrote:
> Hi All-
>
>   We, OSGeo in general and specifically the California Chapter, are
> invited to demo at the USGS Western Regional HQ Open House,  Menlo Park
> in mid-May.  I have told TylerM that I would go, and am making a call
> for whomever might want to demo and interact to please speak up if
> interested in participating.
>
> http://openhouse.wr.usgs.gov/
>

>   -Brian

I think this is a great opportunity. We should discuss what kind of
demos we think would be best to highlight. It's also close enough for a
lot of use that getting some larger lcd's etc down there should be no
big deal.

I here the Berkeley GIF lab talk at CalGIS on the QGIS Event
Visualization plugin(Evis) was quite good.

Anyways here's the wiki page with the details and planning,
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/USGS_Open_House_2009

Thanks,
Alex