[California] Summary of First Annual Meeting (With Thanks)

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Tue Feb 24 10:53:00 EST 2009

I wanted to provide a brief summary of our first annual meeting.

Meeting Attendees

Alex Mandel                  (Student - UC Davis Geography Department)

Mike Treichler                (Student - UC Davis Geography Department)

Bob Moskovitz               (Research Analyst - California Geologic
Survey)

Josh Livni                      (GIS Consultant - Umbrella Consulting)

Stacey Ellis                   (Student - UC Davis Geography Department)

Michele Tobias              (Student - UC Davis Geography Department)

Allan Hollandar              (Research Analyst - UC Davis)

Brian Hamlin                  (Software Developer)

Remote Meeting Attendees

Joe Larson                    (GIS Technician - City of Lompoc)

Items covered

-          Decided on a proposed mission statement.

-          Reviewed chapter objectives. Decided to narrow initial
chapter focus on outreach.

-          Discussed geodata access award for California organizations.

-          Discussed speakers at local events and professional societies
and groups.

-          Discussed OSGeo California Chapter booth at upcoming events
and funding needs for these events.

-          Discussed storage of booth materials and supplies. Alex
Mandel will store the booth material and supplies at UC Davis and will
ship to other locations in California as needed.

-          Discussed method of handling chapter donations. Landon will
serve as treasurer for the chapter's first year. Donations will be sent
to his mailing address and forwarded to the OSGeo in $500 increments.
This will allow donations to be tax deductible.

I would also like to thank Alex Mandel and the other people at UC Davis
for setting up the meeting and for their willingness to host it. There
hospitality is appreciated very much.

I will add this information to the wiki. Please add anything I missed or
any important items from the discussion at lunch after the meeting.

Landon Blake

Project Surveyor

California PLS 8489

Office Phone Number: (209) 946-0268