[California] [Fwd: Re:Fwd: NACIS conference exhibitor information]

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Jul 29 17:37:25 EDT 2009

So in talking with them some more NACIS really wants demos of using the
software. Here's what I offered them off the top of my head:
Quantum GIS/GRASS - Desktop visualization and analysis
Mapserver - Serving data for the web
Openlayers - Web Mashups
Postgis - Spatial Database Queries, Import/Export of data and viewing
results visually
OpenJump - Desktop visualization and analysis

I'm thinking between me, Brian, Landon and maybe Bob(cgs_bob if he can
come) we can easily cover these applications.

Their response was "Sounds perfect! Quite soon, if you could send me a
couple of sentences outlining your presentation I would appreciate it.
An abstract would be ideal, but we're not requiring that level of
formality. "

So let's aim to get them an abstract or outline by Monday. Remember the
focus should be on making maps. Send in your ideas, although preferablly
edit the wiki page.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/NACIS_2009

Alex