[California] [Fwd: Re:Fwd: NACIS conference exhibitor information]

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Jul 30 04:05:09 EDT 2009

Eric Theise wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm planning to attend the NACIS conference and would be willing to
> present ~10 minutes or so on PostGIS and spatial SQL as part of this
> panel/presentation.  If no one else wants to talk about Openlayers, I
> could up it to 15 minutes and talk about that, too.
>
> --Eric

Great, we should put you into the lineup. I'll double check how much
time we've got but here's what I'm thinking.
We do a demo that leads from one project to the next about 5-10 minutes
each all with the same data set/story.

Not sure about the order but here's the idea

QGIS - Alex, grab the layers and visualize them
Postgis - Brian or Eric,Do some queries, interesect, buffer, aggregate
and show results as table and in QGIS
Mapserver - Allan Hollander, take the QGIS map and make it a mapserver
wms etc.
Openlayers - Brian or Eric, make a simple map using the Mapserver
provided layers
OpenJump - Landon, grab the wms, view it and overlay some local data(I
assume it can do this)

At 10 minutes each that's 50 minutes total.

What do you guys think?
Alex