[California] Where 2.0 "booth" - Volunteers Please Speak up

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Thu Mar 25 11:46:26 EDT 2010

I've got to pass on this one guys.

Thanks.

Landon
Office Phone Number: (209) 946-0268
Cell Phone Number: (209) 992-0658

-----Original Message-----
From: california-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:california-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Brian Hamlin
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 5:16 PM
To: california at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [California] Where 2.0 "booth" - Volunteers Please Speak up

TO DO: Please respond to this email if  you want to be listed as a
volunteer !!
   on the wiki we will have time slot sign ups if there is sufficient
interest
   also Paul Ramsey and others will naturally help during breaks

Hi All-

   we have now confirmed at the 11th hour, a presence at Where 2.0 ..
There is a cocktail table in the Exhibit Hall with our name on it..

   So I am now calling for volunteers for the event - you know who you
are!
If you choose to volunteer, you will get an Exhibits Only pass, which
unfortunately does not include OReilly lunch

   The time slots are as follows:

Wednesday, 31March
   Morning break - 10:15 AM
   Lunch Break 12'ish
   Afternoon break
   Evening Reception in the exhibit hall

Thursday, 01April  - no kiddng
   same as above, but ends at 4:30 pm

Signage Note:
   as a cocktail table, we won't be able to use the big table 'skirt'
   but there is an ID Sign, 7"x44" on the drape behind us..
   the primary color of the event is BLUE

   also as a cocktail table, there is really no room for a demo laptop
IMO
   I suggest a fishbowl or something ..
   I would like to make some kind of game related to coding..
     with the result of, if you can do X simple thing, you get an OSGeo
Y simple handout thing
    ideas welcome!

I will copy this text to the wiki

thanks very much