[California] Annual Report and Annual Meeting

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Jun 1 16:05:16 EDT 2011

It's a loose rules from OSGeo, so no definitive boundaries. Personally I
would say at least once a calendar year works, even if it's more or less
than 12 months from the last meeting.

On that note, there's not reason we can't do 3-4 a year in various
places. I think if we follow the model CUGOS did we could attract a lot
of people who just want to learn some new cool stuff.

Thanks,
Alex

On 06/01/2011 10:01 AM, Joe Larson wrote:
> Remind me of the timeframe... do we need to have this meeting before
> the Fiscal Year ends or something?
>
> Joe Larson
>
> On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Michele Tobias <mmtobias at ucdavis.edu> wrote:

>>> I still think we can pull something off, and suggest using the CUGOS
>>> Spring Fling as a planning start point
>>> (http://cugos-springfling-2011.eventbrite.com/). It was 1 day talks,
>>> workshops and sprint in Seattle. There's lot of details about it on
>>> their mailing list http://groups.google.com/group/cugos
>>>
>>> My offer to host at UC Davis still stands, if someone can come up with a
>>> date and estimate of the number of people (so I can get an appropriately
>>> sized room). We will need a couple of volunteers to organize the event.
>>>
>>> Is there a wiki page we're supposed to fill out for the annual report?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Alex