[California] NACIS Call for papers/workshops deadline June 15th

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Jun 11 13:42:06 PDT 2012

West Coast OSGeo'ers,

NACIS (Cartography Conf) is in Portland in October.
http://nacis.org/index.cfm?x=2

I'm planning on going and presenting my own work, but was wondering if
anyone wants to collaborate on some workshops, practical cartography day
demos etc. Hard to tell from the email list logs if CUGOS or PDX already
has stuff planned (besides WhereCamp right after).

Just so you know, when it was in Sacramento in 2009 we did a 4 person, 1
hour roundup of OSGeo stuff on practical cartography day since they
don't have vendor booths.

Possible Workshops:
QGIS Cartography
Open Source web cartography - Mapnik, SLD, Tilemill, Geoserver, Leaflet,
Openlayers, etc...
Hosting Web layers - secrets of Tile Caching

Thanks,
Alex