[California] California Geographical Society, Abstract deadline Apr 2

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Mar 29 18:19:05 EDT 2012

All,

The deadline to submit abstracts for the CGS conference is coming up
quick, Mon Apr 2. The conference is a small ~300 person conference of
geographers and will be hosted in Davis this year the last weekend of
April. I encourage all of you to consider presenting something from your
work/hobbies as it's a very receptive audience with a lot of teachers
and students who are interested in new ideas and possibilities.

http://www.csun.edu/~calgeosoc/meetings/davis/home.html
Registration and Abstract submission are all in a web linked pdf.

Also, we've had OSGeo booths previous years in Santa Barbara and Bishop.
Would people be interested in staffing a booth in Davis this year? Cost
I think is ~$100 (Usually includes 2 registrations for non-speakers).
I'm planning to chip in some from my research funds to pay to OSGeo Live
discs to be printed for it. Would be great if others could help out at
such a booth, seek sponsors or donate some funds for the cause.

Note: the booth is Saturday only, along with all the talks.

Thanks,
Alex