[California] mtg on Saturday - mini-brainstorm

maplabs at light42.com maplabs at light42.com
Thu Oct 11 21:50:16 PDT 2012

Hi All-

  just thinking a bit about the meeting..
What relevant questions could we ask while gathered?

  Two things that come to me right off are..

* What to do on GIS Day next month

* Is there a priority for outreach to specific constituencies
    and how might that be moved forward..

some context on that last one.. I am right now reading over the list of
conferences that the OSGeo Live DVD was used in

    http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_History

one of the ones I was involved in was FluxNet in Jun 11. That
conference was heavily academic, and published the list of attendees
specifically to enable follow-up of various kinds

    http://nature.berkeley.edu/biometlab/fluxnet2011/participants.html

I am not in the Academic circles, but here is a group that is easily contactable,
and for whom OSGeo has lots and lots to offer.. Is it a California Chapter
activity to send some emails and some flyers to a group like this?  I am
interested to get a sense of what others think...

  as for GIS Day, I will be on campus at UC Berkeley, and they have made a call
for posters and presentations.. printing Live DVDs seems pretty clearly desirable,
maybe others want some copies too and we can figure out the number and
get the best prices...

  more good questions to ask ?
  cheers  -Brian

--