[California] California Digest, Vol 55, Issue 5

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Jan 22 23:49:36 PST 2013

On 01/22/2013 09:57 PM, Emily Sin wrote:
> Frank,
>
> I am interested in helping organize an OSGeo presence at the AAG meeting
> this year. Is there anyone else already working on this?
>
> Emily
>
> On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 12:00 PM, <california-request at lists.osgeo.org>wrote:

I think the biggest dilemma is the cost. It's at least $1000 for the
non-profit booth at the AAG. In the past we've obtained this from the
OSGeo marketing committee but I don't think we can rely on that as much
anymore with priorities shifting. So if we can raise enough funds and
get enough volunteers (note the above $1000 includes 2 full price passes
to the conference, and up to 8 exhibit hall only passes usually).
(Hint, if 2 people were already planning to go at full price, but would
rather put that money towards the booth and still get passes, we've got
a good portion of the cost covered).

FYI, I have the booth materials at UC Davis and can provide my expertise
having coordinated the AAG several times but will be unlikely to
personally attend this year.

Thanks,
Alex