[California] Help With the California Chapter Web Site

Michele Tobias mmtobias at ucdavis.edu
Mon Nov 23 08:55:29 PST 2015

Landon, the site looks great!  You've done a great job getting that
started.  Some quick edits: My first name and Alex's last name both only
have one L.

1) Here's my bio information:
Michele Tobias, PhD, is a scientist working at the intersection of
biogeography, ecology, and geospatial science.  Her own research is on
California's beach plant community, but she applies her geospatial skills
to a number of projects in collaboration with other researchers. She builds
low-altitude aerial photography platforms and is working to refine and
automate the photo processing workflow. She is the main developer of
LiteratureMapper, a Python plugin for QGIS that georeferences Zotero
databases.  She is passionate about good cartography.  After a long
employment at UC Davis, she now works as an Environmental Scientist at
California State Parks' Natural Resource Division.

2) My organization isn't quite ready for the organization profile list, but
give it time.  I'll win them over.

3) I've got some stuff in the works.  I will let you know when it's ready.

Michele

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 5:09 PM, Landon Blake <sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've put up a preliminary web sit here:
> http://www.californiaosgeo.org/
>
> As Jeffrey suggested, I went with a clean and minimalist Wordpress theme.
> Nothing fancy.
>
> I could use some help with our new web site. Here is what I need:
>
> 1) A short 1 or 2 paragraph member bio I can post on the individual
> members page.
> 2) A short 1 or 2 paragraph organization profile if your organization
> creates, maintains, uses or promotes open source GIS or open geodata in
> California.
> 3) Any articles on open source GIS that would would like to post to the
> articles page.
>
> I'm willing to entertain other suggestions for content as well.
>
> Thanks for your support!
>
> Landon

Michele Tobias, PhD

https://impactstory.org/MicheleTobias