[California] CA GIS Council Meetings

Michele Tobias mmtobias at ucdavis.edu
Thu Mar 10 14:13:48 PST 2016

Hi CA OSGeo folks,

Today was the state GIS Council meeting.  It occurred to me that some of
you might be interested in attending/calling in for future meetings.  This
is one of the places where we can advocate for new datasets and also for
those datasets to be open.  It's also an opportunity to advocate for our
GIS decision-makers to be educated about open source software.

The next meetings are June 9th, Sept. 8th, and Dec. 8th from 10:00-12:00 in
person in downtown Sacramento or call-in web conference.

Example initiatives that the council is taking on is preparing a best
practices document for drones, ensuring the state has a state-wide parcel
dataset, and finding a way to provide access to the 5m DEM the state
recently purchased.

More info: http://cgia.org/cagiscouncil/

Michele

--