[California] 2018 Planning

Jeffrey Johnson ortelius at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 08:52:06 PDT 2017

Hi Folks,

Wanted to bring up an idea for 2018. The URISA GIS-Pro and CalGIS Conf
[1] will be in Palm Springs just less than 1 year from now. We have
done open source workshops and events at previous CalGIS events and it
would be good to do this again. As this is the URISA Pro event
together with CalGIS it should be one of the biggest gatherings of GIS
Professionals in our State. It would be good to have a presence there
and to really take a focus on doing outreach to folks from the wider
GIS community that are open to open source.

Ragi, Alex, Michelle, Can we start to do some planning for this now so
we don't get caught at the last moment.

Looking forward to 2018 being a year for growth in our chapter (jeez
that sounds crazy to be saying that already)

Jeff

[1] http://www.urisa.org/clientuploads/directory/Documents/Conferences/GISPro/datesaver.png