[California] little OSGeo Meetup in SF on October 11?

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Aug 21 16:04:28 PDT 2018

Hey all!

A few of us OSGeo folk will be visiting the SF area as part of the
Google Summer of Code (where Google funds university students to work on
FOSS projects); 3 OSGeo "mentors" will be coming to your area, and I was
wondering if you all are interested in having a little OSGeo meetup
possibly on the evening of Thursday October 11th?

The 3 out-of-towners coming are:
- Victoria Rautenbach from GeoForAll
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Victoria_Rautenbach
- Vaclav Petras from GRASS GIS https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Wenzeslaus
- myself https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Jeff_McKenna

Our google agenda is from that Friday-Sunday, so I figure the Thursday
night would be perfect.

What do you all think?  I'm assuming possible attendees are Frank,
BrianH, (tall) Dave, Ragi, Bborie (I'd also reach out to Schuyler Erle).
  Pardon me if I am forgetting any other SanFran area people.

Why not?  Even if we get 4 of us, for a couple of hours, it would be great.

I have no idea about where, but somewhere along the BART line I guess?
Anyone have a favorite pub to suggest?

Thank you all!

-jeff