[RNFdev] Looking for postal code lat/lng's

Dan Putler putler at sauder.ubc.ca
Tue Oct 17 14:05:26 EDT 2006

The Canadian government's free use license is the best one can hope
for, and while not as flexible as being in the public domain (which
is the legal requirement for data released by the US government), it
is pretty darn flexible. With respect to FSAs, four to six years old
probably isn't too bad. The only problems will be recently
"urbanized" areas.

So the upshot is that while the data is not great, it data is OK, and
is under a flexible enough license to useful.

Dan