[cat-interop] join the link type party at OSGeo Cat-Interop

Steve Richard steve.richard at azgs.az.gov
Fri Feb 21 11:57:45 PST 2014

Tom--

I'm very interested in this one. I think we've already interacted around some pyCSW issues in connection with our work with CKAN. I think you and one of our developers, Ryan Clark, had some communication as well.  Ryan, unfortunately for us, has taken a job at MapBox, but we're still at it.  We wrestled with the machine actionable link issue when implementing a CSW client for ArcMap<https://github.com/usgin/arcmap-cswclient/tree/master/CSWClient> (based on the ESRI CSW extension), and developed conventions for CI_OnlineResource in ISO metadata in our USGIN profile<https://github.com/usgin/usginspecs/blob/master/USGIN_ISO_Metadata.docx?raw=true>.

DC is of course problematic for linkages to services-that wasn't on the radar when DC was designed.  I added an alternate proposal for shoehorning a more useful link into dct:references as the link type proposal page.

Out of time now, more later...

steve

Stephen M Richard

Arizona Geological Survey