[COC-discuss] Stepping Down From CoC Committee

Kristin Bott bottk at reed.edu
Tue Dec 1 18:14:53 PST 2015

Hi, all --

Pardon the slight delay, getting this conversation going again. (And
apologies for my silence for half of Oct and most of Nov; that backpacking
tumble/broken bone happened mid-Oct and I'm still getting back to
functional.)

(1) re: scope //

Indeed, the wiki talks about developing a CoC Implementation Policy -- --
the OSGeo board passed the CoC [1], but without a clear plan to make those
ideas actionable. One of the goals (stated in the wiki [2]) of the
committee is to make sure that OSGeo has a way to move the CoC from a
well-intentioned theory to action. I don't think our scope is too
unreasonable as it's written.

(2) re: member recruitment //

I'd be happy to see the committee members grow, and would love to have some
help in getting that done.

(3) Aligning with other OS communities in order to share work //

There are other open source communities that are doing similar work, but
all have slightly different variations on the theme of CoC (see resources
in the CoC wiki [3]). When we drafted the CoC, we looked at resources from
a variety of other OS organizations.

I am very interested in moving this forward, but I can't do this on my own.
I'd love to get a co-pilot on board to help; even if folks aren't
interested in serving as co-chair, I look forward to your input on what the
committee looks like.

Looking forward to hearing what you think; hope all's well in your various
corners.

cheers -
-kristin

[1] http://www.osgeo.org/code_of_conduct