[COC-discuss] Stepping Down From CoC Committee

Kristin Bott bottk at reed.edu
Thu Nov 19 14:19:03 PST 2015

Hi Cameron,

Actually, I'm co-chairing (although Kate has certainly been involved in
discussions of these issues [thanks, Kate!]).

Apologies -- I've been a bit silent as of late because I broke my leg ~ a
month ago while solo backpacking. I'm finally getting back on top of things
post-surgery and mid-recovery.

Addressing your questions:
1) Thoughts moving forward. // I would very much like to continue as a
co-chair -- so I am looking to have someone else step up to co-captain with
me. If no one does so, I'll finish out the rest of my promised year-long
term solo. (That said, I think a diversity of perspectives would be useful,
and would prefer to have someone along with me.)

2) Specific ideas on what I'd like to see done. // Generally, I'd like to
see the committee move forward per our board-approved mission [1] --
"[make] sure that OSGeo continues to be an inclusive and welcoming
organization .... by (1) guiding policy around the CoC and other
initiatives to increase diversity and (2) dealing with reports of
violations of the CoC." I think this could take different forms depending
on what is happening in the community. (I realize this is not a collection
of 'specific ideas' -- curious to hear how others envision these things
taking shape.)

3) Personal availability for involvement. // I am committed to supporting
this kind of work; that said, geo is a small part of my job (educational
technology @ a small liberal arts college) and I need to allocate my time
accordingly. Another reason that I'd like a teammate in this work:
increased capacity.

Hope this helps spark some initial discussions. List, thoughts?

cheers -
-kristin / k.bott

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/CodeOfConduct_Committee#Mission