[COC-discuss] Reaching out to other foundations re standardising CoC docs and processes

Camille Acey joyousnew at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 06:37:31 PDT 2015

There has been a lot of discussion of this in the past few years and I too
would love to see this happen but as someone who has been in this space for
a while, I think there are other organizations who could be better stewards
for such a license and I happen to know of at least one that is attempting
to do so in the coming year. It may make sense to wait on them.

Camille
One of the great things about Open Source and Creative Commons licenses is
that there are a few well understood licenses which have had the benefit of
refinements from a large community.

I'd love to see the same developed for a Code of Conduct and associated
documents. It seems a waste of our collective effort to develop multiple
versions.

It would be more effort to engage others in the short term, but would have
great benefits in the medium to long term.

How to others feel about this?

--
Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager