[COG] Welcome!

Seth Fitzsimmons seth at mojodna.net
Tue Jun 5 12:29:30 PDT 2018

Hello!

I'm Seth. I work alongside Chris as a Technical Fellow at Radiant.Earth,
initially focused on tooling and evangelism for COG and STAC.

I also run Pacific Atlas, a small software consultancy in Bend, Oregon
which focuses on large-scale geospatial analytics (primarily OpenStreetMap
at present), raster data pipelines (i.e. COG + STAC), and humanitarian
application of geospatial technology. More specifically and right now, that
means:

* OSMesa (https://github.com/azavea/osmesa) -- this can be considered the
OSM complement to GeoTrellis in some ways
* marblecutter (https://github.com/mojodna/marblecutter) -- the culmination
of several years of raster tiling experiments with GDAL/VSI, rasterio, and
cloud infrastructure tiles.rdnt.io uses this under the hood.
* OpenAerialMap (https://openaerialmap.org) -- this takes great advantage
of COG as both a common interchange format and to facilitate dynamic source
previews. we're currently looking at embracing STAC wholeheartedly
* Portable OpenStreetMap (http://posm.io/) -- the full OSM stack on
portable servers, including drone imagery processing w/ OpenDroneMap and
imagery hosting

seth