[COG] Fwd: Cloud optimized GeoTIFF configuration specifics [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Kirill Kouzoubov kirill888 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 17:53:50 PDT 2018

Thank you for informative response Even. The GDAL_INGESTED_BYTES_AT_OPEN
option is super useful.

Sorry for the confusion, but I meant something different by "multi-band",
rather than a single image with multiple samples per pixel I assumed it to
be multiple independent images with their own IFD each, stored together in
one TIFF file. With something like Lansdsat 8 bands it's not really
practical to create an image with 10+ samples per pixel. Each "band" might
have different bit depth and possibly slightly different geo-registration.
Yet having them stored together in one file has certain advantages. So let
me re-phrase the question:

Is it possible to have several independent full-resolution images in one
COG and also have overviews for each?

I see that overviews are marked with TIFF tag:
  `Subfile Type: reduced-resolution image (1 = 0x1)`

But that assumes that there is only one main resolution image (possibly
with multiple samples per pixel).

Regards,

Kirill