[Conference-europe] web page of foss4g-europe

Peter Baumann p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
Wed Sep 24 10:12:09 PDT 2014

Hi Jachym,

On 09/24/2014 07:09 PM, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> as Ivan pointed out, and also based on last year's experience, I
> wanted to lower down the effort needed to setup conference web page.
> Certainly, this is not a must.
>
> Situation: foss4g-e.org is domain owned by myself, the domain name is
> unlucky, I would like to get rid of it
>
> foss4g.eu is owned by person, who  offered it for our purposes, it
> would make high sense, OSGeo pays for the domain
>
> in the global OSGeo community, europe.foss4g.org/ seemed to be agreed
> on, at least as long as there is no legal entity, who would take over
> foss4g.eu.
>
> So, again, as said: I have no problem with running each year own
> platform for the web page. For backup, wget can be used later, to save
> it on OSGeo servers.
>
> Best solution for next years: take over foss4g.eu, maintain it by
> ourselves, outside of osgeo structures. Seems to be overhead to me,
> but since most of the people here seem to agree, I have nothing
> against it.
>
> So, Maria, your turn. You should probably provide us with server, I
> can ask owner of foss4g.eu to redirect there, I can redirect
> foss4g-e.org there as well and in cooperation with SAC, I can try to
> organise backup of current Bremen pages.

you can choose: get a snapshot from us, or pull directly - difference: now it
contains 2GB of conference pics. So it depends on the disk space available :)

cheers,
Peter

--
Dr. Peter Baumann
    mail: p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
    tel: +49-421-200-3178, fax: +49-421-200-493178
    www.rasdaman.com, mail: baumann at rasdaman.com
"Si forte in alienas manus oberraverit hec peregrina epistola incertis ventis dimissa, sed Deo commendata, precamur ut ei reddatur cui soli destinata, nec preripiat quisquam non sibi parata." (mail disclaimer, AD 1083)