[Conference-europe] FOSS4G Europe 2017 - request for comments

Maria Antonia Brovelli maria.brovelli at polimi.it
Mon Aug 29 14:15:06 PDT 2016

A little world ;-)
Maria

Sent from my Samsung device

-------- Original message --------
From: Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>
Date: 29/08/2016 23:03 (GMT+01:00)
To: Maria Antonia Brovelli <maria.brovelli at polimi.it>
Cc: Jachym Cepicky <jachym.cepicky at gmail.com>, foss4g-europe <conference-europe at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: Re: [Conference-europe] FOSS4G Europe 2017 - request for comments

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 8:12 PM, Maria Antonia Brovelli
<maria.brovelli at polimi.it> wrote:
> Dear Jachym, I agree. Moreover when at ISPRS Conference Helena and I met
> Chris Heipke, the new ISPRS President, we discuss about the few open source
> software available for photogrammetry.

Just an off-topic "fun" anecdote:

.. a year before Prof Heipke started to work at IPI, University of
Hannover [1], the doctoral student Phisan Santitamnont and myself
started to port GRASS GIS to Linux in exactly that building :-) I was
student of geography next door back then.
Phisan later became professor at the Chulalongkorn University in
Bangkok where the famous FOSS4G 2004 was hosted and so on.

Cheers,
Markus

[1] IPI history: http://www.ipi.uni-hannover.de/51.html?&L=1

--