[Conference-europe] FOSS4G Europe 2018

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at di.uminho.pt
Wed Jan 17 09:00:17 PST 2018

Hi Astrid, hi all,

Luis de Sousa already sent some feedback. Let me add some more
details/requests, with no special order or importance.

wants to joins us, please reply and I will add it to the list. The same
for our "kanban" based board, available at
https://wekan.osgeopt.pt/b/SJBkaBzg5mMmJT2kh/foos4g-europe-2018
Probably we should made the board available to all (read only), but
meanwhile I can add more people to it.

2. We have a Wordpress based website up and running. The information to
the public is minimal, right now. The web site is available at:
https://foss4g-europe.osgeopt.pt/

2.1 We need help to have https://europe.foss4g.org/2018 pointing to it.

2.1 This week we will release the registration and submission forms
(except for the academic track). We are just finishing the payment
process for the registration. Right now we can receive payments by bank
transfer and PayPal. Joana Simões also suggested bitcoins and we are
waiting for her help on this.

3. Links on OSGeo: done! (thanks for the pointers)

* https://www.osgeo.org/events/
* https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Sponsorship_Opportunities_2018

4. Sponsorship

We need help on this!

Pedro Pereira already started a document, but we need someone else to
review it and check the values and the return to sponsors.

The document is available at:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZQLZk3diGUcK68Jeq6a7CrFXxP0_88ADPmFteTrKpyE/edit?usp=sharing

5. Communication (our current bottleneck)

We need to start publishing some news about the event. Joana is taking
care of this and she will need the foss4ge twitter account, for sure.

6. Git repository

Thanks for the pointer to git. We will use it.

7. Face to face meeting

On Fev. 3rd, we will meet at the "crime scene". Flights to Oporto are
cheap (from Bonn, for example). If someone wants to come, we will do
everything to support/help.

8. Invited speakers

We need for good suggestions for invited speakers. Minimum 3 (one for
each day), but we can have 6. We need names :-)

9. Code sprint

I would like to ask Astrid help on this. We have nice conditions to run
the code sprint, but we don't know how important it is, since there are
also other sprints happening. We should discuss this code sprint in more
detail. If Astrid is able to support us in this issue, it would be awesome.

As I said, we are finishing the online forms this week. Monday we can
start spreading the word about the event.

Regards,

Gustavo

On 16-01-2018 18:18, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) wrote:
> Hello Gustavo,
>
> I wonder whether there is any news about FOSS4G-Europe 2018. Maybe I
> only missed it.
>
> The following information I got from the proposal:
>
> Guimarães (Portugal) 17-19 of July, 2018 + workshops in the days before
> the event.
>
> OSGeo Board is planning the events for 2018 and FOSS4G-Europe 2018 is
> not listed there yet.
>
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Sponsorship_Opportunities_2018
>
> Do you have a timeline?
>
> When will you webside be available? https://europe.foss4g.org/2018