[Conference-europe] FOSS4G-E Academic track

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 12:51:26 PST 2018

Hi,

>> I am starting to set up the academic track for the coming conference. The most convenient would be to have just extended abstracts. Those accepted could later be >> archived. What formats were used in past conferences? As far as I know no one ever produced Proceedings or formal things of the like.

[...]

> - for FOSS4G Europe 2017 in Paris, extended abstracts were first asked and
> then authors of accepted abstracts were asked to send a paper. Thanks to the
> great work of Maria Brovelli with ISPRS, these papers were published in The
> International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial
> Information Sciences [2].

Another option is Geoinformatics CTU FCE journal [1]. BTW, in Paris
ASAIK the organizers had deal with this journal about publishing
papers in advance. At the end decision has been somehow changed as
Marco described. Truly to say I was unhappy about that not because I
am in editorial board of this journal, the real reason was different.
The father of this journal, prof. Cepek is my close friend and it was
not easy for me to explain him what happened. That's a story behind
which should be noted here.

@Luis, so please consider also this journal.

Ma

[1] https://ojs.cvut.cz/ojs/index.php/gi