[Workshops] Workshops submission Template, where is it?

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Mon Apr 28 11:35:05 EDT 2008

Claude Philipona wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As the deadline for workshop submission is Wednesday, I can't find
> the template and the exact procedure, and I must say that I'm kind of
> lost thru a looping links between the wiki and foss4g site.
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2008_Announcements reports that is
> will be available shortly. And this page doesn't help much

Hello Claude.

You have to have an Account on the
conference website. You can create one here:
http://conference.osgeo.org/index.php/foss4g/2008/user/account

Make sure to select the "Create account as Author"
checkbox. If you already have an Account, and it's
not an "Author", login to the website and use the
"Edit My Profile" link.

When logged in with an 'Author Account', when you
go to the "User Home" page:
http://conference.osgeo.org/index.php/foss4g/index/user
you will find an "Author" link under the
"FOSS4G 2008" heading, and that starts
your submission process. In Step 1, under
"Conference Track" you select
"Workshops and Labs".

Having said that, the website doesn't seem to be
working properly for me right now, so you may
have to wait for a response from one of the
local FOSS4G2008 people.

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems