[Workshops] Lessons learned - workshops & tutorials

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Tue Sep 14 21:56:50 EDT 2010

> * Workshop venue: It is worth to have workshops in a separate venue
> with permanent computer rooms?

It depends a lot on the facilities and our relationships with the people who run them. Are there enough seats for 120+ attendees? Do we know the lab staff will be helpful with getting our softwares installed? Etc. The rooms you got for 2010 were excellent and all kinds of things made that space work: the handy cafe right nearby, the central square where people could mingle, the closeness of the labs to that central space. Was a super venue.