[Workshops] VirtualBox on Workshop Machines?

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Sat Jul 2 07:12:44 EDT 2011

On Friday, July 1, 2011, Greg Corradini <gregcorradini at gmail.com> wrote:
&gt; Hello,
&gt; I'm wondering if it's a guarantee that VirtualBox will be
installed on the workshop computers? And if so what version?
&gt;
&gt; I saw a thread about VirtualBox on the conference-workshop list:
http://www.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference-workshops/2011-May/000398.html
&gt;
&gt; Not sure where that conversation ended. But there is no mention
of VirtualBox on wiki's logistics page:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2011_Workshops_Venue_Logistics
&gt;
&gt; I guess these were the VirtualBox specs from last year:
http://www.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference-workshops/2010-May/000264.html
&gt;
&gt; Thanks
&gt; --
&gt; Greg

Hi all

I'm also interested in having VB on the workshop machines, as I'll
rely on it for the MapFish workshop. And I suppose Greg and I aren't
the only ones. I intended to mention this requirement in an INSTALL
file with my workshop materials, but VB might well be a requirement
for lots of people.

Thanks.

--
Eric Lemoine