[OSGeo-Conf] Call for Votes: Host Venue for 2007 conference

percy percyd at pdx.edu
Mon Dec 18 04:19:23 EST 2006

Hi all,

Thanks for all of the positive comments about Portland's proposal! If we
had know that the bar was going to be so high, we obviously would have
put more detail into our budget and made some of our other ideas more
explicit. It would be great for future proposers to have a previously
*chosen* proposal as a reference and, as Jeff mentions, an actual
criteria listing with points assigned to each category.

That said, I am sure that many of the Portland organizing committee
members would be *delighted* to assist Victoria in any way we can. It is
a fairly short distance, and as long as the registration fees can be
held down, most of us will likely attend ;-)

I hope that Victoria reaches out to us, we are brimming with energy!

Sorry for the late response, I was at a scientific conference (AGU, a
conference of 13,000+, where geoinformatics were discussed quite a lot
and OSGEO might want to consider future "boothing"). There is another
interesting OSGEO possible event next year called the "Electronic
Geophysical Year" which highlights the interchange of scientific data
about the earth, among other things...

Looking forward to future collaboration!
Cheers,
Percy

--
David Percy