[OSGeo-Conf] Press Release

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Tue Oct 3 05:37:14 EDT 2006

On Tue, October 3, 2006 06:44, Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm working on a press release / summary of the FOSS4G event and
> would like to include a short description of what will happen for the
> 2007 event.  Is this accurate?
>
> "
> The 2007 event next will be organized by OSGeo.  The foundation will
> be soliciting proposals from local organizing groups who would like
> to host the event.  The location is yet to be determined and will
> depend on proposals received.  Watch the foundation discussion
> mailing list for more information.
> "
>
> Please give me feedback,
> Tyler

Hi Tyler,
thanks for bringing this forward. I am not the one (there is not one) to
determine whether this is 'accurate'. But it sounds fair to me (i support
this wording). Ideally we could point to the document with the proposal
but it seems like we are stalled on this:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/OSGeo_Conference_RFP_2007

Best regards,
Arnulf