[OSGeo-Conf] Membership nomination: Paul Ramsey

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Apr 27 15:14:51 EDT 2007

Arnulf Christl wrote:
> I nominate Paul Ramsey as new member of the Conference Committee.

I second, and give my +1

> Somebody should second this or bring up arguments why not. My only weak
> argument would be that the member list is rater large already and that
> we need to check the bylaws whether we will ever be able to reach quorum
> on IRC or conference calls.

I am not aware of any quorum requirements.  Barring specific rules for a
committee, it is expected that OSGeo committees will operate according to:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Committee_Guidelines

This gives the chair broad authority to decide what counts as consensus.

> I suggest to add an affiliation to each member so that roles and
> stakeholders are transparent.

We have generally taken the position that involvement in OSGeo is as
an individual, and that corporate or other organizational affiliations
is secondary.  But I'm not adverse to them being listed.

While I be listed as "Frank Warmerdam, WhereGroup" as I am at OGC?  :-)

Best regards,