[OSGeo-Conf] Re: Keynote @ FOSS4G'07

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Jan 9 14:15:47 EST 2007

Looks like an interesting choice. +1

Steve

>>> Paul Ramsey <pramsey at refractions.net> 1/9/2007 10:39:24 AM >>>
All,

I have inquired with Damian Conway about doing the opening keynote at
FOSS4G.  In particular, I thought this talk
<http://damian.conway.org/Seminars//GeekEye.html> would have broad
appeal to our mixed attendance of geeks and suits, and be a bit
educational as well as entertaining. (Those of us who have seen Conway

talk can vouch for the entertainment quality and mind-bending content
quality as well. Google also agrees.)

Any violent disagreement to this idea?

Paul

Damian Conway wrote:

> Thanks for your enquiry regarding my giving a keynote at FOSS4G. I'm

> deeply honoured that you would ask me, especially considering that my

> knowledge of matters geospatial could be comfortably accommodated on
> very small postage stamp. ;-)
>
> That limitation notwithstanding, I'd be delighted to speak at your
> conference.
>
> I agree that "Geek Eye" would be ideal, though another keynote that
I've