[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G2008...

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Jan 11 12:18:06 EST 2007

To focus the mind, I would suggest the committee set a deadline for
issuing the next RFP.  There were a number of ideas about how to
formalize and structure the process a little more from the 2007 bid
experience, so step (1) is to re-work the request and evaluation
process a little.  A deadline for issuing should help make that
process less interminable.

May I suggest:

Feb 16, Issue RFP for 2008
April 20, Deadline for response submissions
May 4, Selection for 2008 complete

One month to hone the RFP, two months to respond, two weeks to decide.

Paul