[OSGeo-Conf] Re: [FOSS4G2007] Conference Topics

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Tue Jan 30 18:45:36 EST 2007

Who do *I* want to attract?  In an ideal world, I would like to hang out
for a few days with the movers and shakers of
cool/new/novel/impactful/exciting/paradigm-breaking projects that are...

* in the geo realm, in the open source realm, and looking to push
further

* in the geo realm, aware of open source, but not yet using OS
components

* in the open source realm, but not yet spatially enabled and looking to
learn how

I'm not sure I could sit through another presentation on why "open
source is a good thing" and how "geo is the next big thing".  I'd love
to have a crowd who already have bought into both of those memes, and
are looking for the "next steps".

Or something like that.

-mpg