[OSGeo-Conf] [FOSS4G2007] Academic Conference Requirements

venka.osgeo venka.osgeo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 04:21:46 EDT 2007

Markus Neteler wrote:
> On 6/2/07, Paul Ramsey <pramsey at refractions.net> wrote:
>> I have received a couple questions recently about the publication of
>> proceedings.
>>
>> I believe FOSS4G 2006 may have committed to publish proceedings,
>> though I don't know if they have done so yet.

I had suggested publication of special issue of FOSS2006
but nothing has happened as yet.

>> Is this important? Should this be something FOSS4GXX does, as a
>> matter of course?
>
> I would appreciate it - this is something which remains.
> See for example FOSS4G2004:

I would appreciate it too at least for selected papers

> http://gisws.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/grass04/papers.php
>
> Venka et al used the PKP Open Archives Harvester.

Apart from the online proceedings of full papers,
selected papers of 2004 conference were peer-reviewed also
published in a regular scientific journal
(International Journal of Geoinformatics).

The peer-reviewed papers are available online at
http://www.j-geoinfo.net/Content/March2005/content1(1).htm

Perhaps selected papers could be published in the new OSGeo
Journal.

Venka