[OSGeo-Conf] Re: [FOSS4G2007] FOSS4G 2007 Abstracts KML

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Tue Jun 26 11:30:56 EDT 2007

Nice. Wouldn't it be even nicer to put Svalbard, north of Iceland, in
the center in Google Earth? That way we can see both America and Europe
at the same time, and Svalbard is of course one of the very nicest
centers of the world :-) In the Netherlands we call it Spitsbergen; it's
part of the heroic Dutch tradition of exploration (and brigandage), see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willem_Barents .

And of course, Marc Lucas will just *love* it. Must be pretty cold and
wet though where he lives.:-)

Oh, and you put me about exactly on the spot where I work at the
University of Amsterdam. It's the other side of the building, and of
course it is *inside* the building, not on the lawn. Even so, my
compliments, Paul.

Jan

Dr. J. Hartmann
Afdeling Geografie