[OSGeo-Conf] Who's Got Next?

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Sun Dec 21 09:33:29 EST 2008

Helena Mitasova wrote:
> Eric,
>
> how about taking the lead and organize the 2010 regional North America
> OSGEo conference in Denver?
> it could even be at the same time you had in the proposal (Barcelona
> is in early Sept, NA OSGeo would be in December so no conflict there).

Helena your idea is cool, I thought the same, if I wouldn't win, but I
even though it would not be fair for who was organizing the FOSS4G.
I think your idea make sense but I would like to plan it a little
better, maybe for the bid of 2011:
- a double bid?  EU-NA?
- a tripple one? EU-NA-Other?

if we start from 2010 we have to do we bid again, my budget and projects
would be null. I can't say to a sponsor we have people from all over the
world or maybe just from europe...
am I wrong?

regards
Lorenzo